Kenya has once again taken lead in Africa after winning the most awards during the 25th Africa edition of the World Travel Awards ceremony that was held in Durban, South Africa.
This is the sixth time that Maasai Mara National Reserve has been crowned as Africa’s Leading National Park; having beaten five other national parks across Africa. Diani Beach on the other hand has received the award for five consecutive years, having outmatched five other beach destinations. Nanyuki- based Ol Pejeta Conservancy – home to the world’s two remaining northern white rhinos – was named Africa’s leading Conservation Company.
“The awards are a confirmation of Kenya’s unrivalled top position as a beach and safari destination.” commented Dr. Betty Radier, Kenya Tourism Board Chief Executive Officer. “We are honoured as a destination to receive these awards. The awards truly attest to the fact that Kenya offers an unrivalled beach and safari product experience that is second to none in Africa,” she added.
National carrier, Kenya Airways was named Africa’s Leading Airline in the Business Class for the sixth year in a row and in the Economy Class for the second time. Bonfire Adventures was named Africa’s Leading Travel Agency for the third year running.
Dr. Radier noted that these awards are proof that Kenya’s travel and hospitality industry is definitely on the right track. She thanked the World Travel Awards for the recognition they have made of Kenya’s world-class tourism product.
In 2017, Kenya was named the World’s Leading Safari Destination and it is without a doubt that this year’s wins have cemented the role Kenya plays as the number one travel destination in Africa and the World.
Here is the full list of all Kenyan entities that won in the Africa category.
- Africa’s Leading Airline – Business Class 2018 – Kenya Airways
- Africa’s Leading Airline – Economy Class 2018 – Kenya Airways
- Africa’s Leading Beach Destination 2018 – Diani Beach
- Africa’s Leading Beach Resort 2018 – Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa
- Africa’s Leading Destination Management Company – Destination Kenya
- Africa’s Leading Family Resort 2018 – Leopard Beach Resort & Spa
- Africa’s Leading Green Hotel 2018 – Aberdare Country Club
- Africa’s Leading Hotel 2018 – Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club
- Africa’s Leading Hotel Residences 2018 – Palancina The Residence & The Suites
- Africa’s Leading Luxury Hotel 2018 – Villa Rosa Kempinski
- Africa’s Leading Luxury Tented Safari Camp 2018 – Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara
- Africa’s Leading National Park 2018 – Masai Mara National Reserve
- Africa’s Leading Private Island Resort 2018 – Manda Bay
- Africa’s Leading Tented Safari Camp 2018 – Finch Hattons
- Africa’s Leading Tour Operator 2018 – Pollman’s Tours & Safaris
- Africa’s Leading Travel Agency 2018 – Bonfire Adventures
- Africa’s Leading Travel Management Company 2018 – FCM Travel Solutions
- Africa’s Responsible Tourism Award 2018 – Gamewatchers Safaris
The full list of award winners can be found on https://www.worldtravelawards.com/winners/2018/africa