Immerse yourself in the local vibe in Malindi in a charming home setting where you never have to worry about what’s for dinner!
Text: Sabina Vivaldi
I would describe this spot as a charming, owner run villa where we love to invite people to explore, enjoy themselves, eat, drink, sing, dance, swim, bask in the sun and simply BE TOGETHER. Create lifetime memories in a comfortable home where your curiosity, desires, needs and passions can be explored. We offer a heartfelt and personalized experience where:
- The Indian Ocean is at our front door
- We have an intimate local understanding coupled with hands-on curating of whatever you’re seeking during your stay
- Friendly service with a neighborhood and community vibe that includes dining, drinking and dancing
- Retreat and quiet reflection services including a spa, massage, yoga and nature gazing.
When I thought about how to decorate this house, I took Malindi as a reference. Every piece of furniture or art therefore draws inspiration from something specific. There is a striking painting by the artist Giampaolo Tomasi who portrays the head of the Mijikenda tribe, seats made from traditional dhows or fishing boats, Armando Tanzini sculptures which portray African subjects in the shapes and colours of the surrounding landscape here, and more.
We also used Indian fabrics and objects to respect the colourful traditions of its people, the Italian taste of Lalla Spagnoll’s decor is unmissable, paintings full of life and passion showcasing African expressions by the talented Alexandra Spyratos adorn the walls, complete with the paintings born of travels in the savannah by the artist Mariangela Verriello. In short, there is an air that unites Kenya, India and Italy in a harmonious and elegant mix that appeals to the eyes and truly speaks to the heart.
Six guests can occupy the main house which has three spacious rooms. The spot is ideal for those looking to rent an entire place for themselves, couples or a family in search of exclusivity, privacy and serenity. It is the ideal place to use as a base from which to set off every day to discover numerous experiences that I organize to surprise the guests.
There are two spacious verandahs and a big swimming pool which are ideal places to relax, have a drink or enjoy a meal. Coupled with the pool deck, these spots are great for practising yoga, and the home would be perfect for a wellness retreat. It is actually the excellent cuisine and soothing music which make the evenings a time to cherish, as guests and hosts come together to trade beautiful stories which has been known to lead to long-lasting friendships.
AS A GUEST, YOU CAN EXPECT:
The rates start from Ksh 45,000 and include breakfast, WiFi, laundry, daily cleaning and a local advisor. Contact via www.cozypointhomes.com
- Three master bedrooms with bathrooms and walk-in closets. There are air conditioners, mosquito nets, linens and towels in all rooms.
- The entrance has a relatively large reading area. A wide verandah with a living room and dining table are on the first floor. The main verandah is on the ground floor and has a lounge and a big dining table.
- Spacious kitchen with a local chef
- Store for sports gear
- Swimming pool with sun beds and towels
- Daily cleaning services and laundry are available.
- Guard and Security services 24 hours
- Local advisor and assistance all day at the residence
- Masseuse (there is a massage room), personal trainer and yoga instructor can be arranged on request
- Recommended minimum stay is three nights, and children under the age of 15 are not admitted in the main house but are welcome at the beach.
- Visit local communities
- Explore the surrounding beaches
- Shop from the town’s tailors, shoemakers, basket makers, craftsmen and fabric sellers.
- Check out Malindi’s art and meet the artists
- Excursions like diving, horse riding, golfing and deep-sea fishing
- We organise lunches and dinners (personalized menus, shopping lists and cooking) and have a convenient formula of sharing the shopping costs
- We can set up any type of events such as honeymoons, birthdays, anniversaries, marriage proposal, small weddings, private dinners with music, yoga and wellness retreats and more.
I have international experience having planned events all over the world, and can help you organise whatever event you want.